Passionate & Skilled In Special Education Law Advocacy
Many parents have children who struggle academically or have consistent behavior difficulties in school. Oftentimes, there may be an unidentified disability causing these concerns. As a result, the child may not be receiving the support and attention they need.
If you have a child whom you suspect may have a disability, you have the right to have him or her evaluated by your school district free of charge. Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), public schools are required to locate and identify children who may need special education supports and services.
Fair Treatment And A Fair Education Plan
All children have a right to a free appropriate public education (FAPE). This means that, depending on your child’s individual needs, accommodations can be made such as preferential seating in the classroom, use of a computer, extra time for tests, homework modification, books on tape, and more. Additionally, they may require special education supports and services, such as:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Augmentative Alternative Communication
- Assistive Technology
- Behavior Intervention
- Adapted Physical Education
- Mental Health
- Non-Public School Placement
- Residential Treatment Center Placement
A Law Firm For Kids
Augustin Egelsee advocates for parents and their children in a number of special education–related legal matters, including:
- Individualized Education Program (IEP): Looking out for your child’s best interests at these important meetings while gaining you access to IEPs that address your child’s needs
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE): Ensuring that these crucial evaluations get implemented in determining the right education path for your child
- Continuum of Placement Options: Ensuring your child is placed in an appropriate least restrictive environment (LRE) for their education.
- Compliance Complaints: Making sure that teachers and school administrators are implementing your child’s IEP correctly.
- Due process and dispute resolution: Representing you in mediation and due process hearings and advocating for your family.
- Expulsion and Suspension: Advocating for your child’s unique circumstances and special needs during disciplinary meetings.
Often, children with disabilities are misunderstood, improperly identified and not provided with appropriate special education supports and services. This can result in unfair treatment such as unwarranted expulsions and suspensions that violate their rights. At Augustin Egelsee, LLP, our attorneys use our extensive knowledge of the law and decades of experience to effectively advocate for these children.
Contact Us Now For A Consultation
Parents of children with special needs and disabilities can count on Augustin Egelsee, LLP in Anaheim Hills, California. With decades of combined experience, our attorneys have a solid understanding of special education law. Please contact us online or call 714-602-1498.