Photo Of Professionals At Augustin Egelsee, LLP

Special Education Law

The Purpose And Power Of A Compliance Complaint

Compliance complaints are a way for a parent to ensure that their child’s individualized education program (IEP) is being appropriately implemented and their child is receiving the right support. Augustin Egelsee, LLP assists parents with submitting compliance complaints designed to get results.

Our special education law firm was born of the passion to help parents obtain appropriate special education supports and services for their children.

How To File A Complaint

Parents may file compliance complaints against their local school district when the school district fails to implement their child’s agreed-upon IEP, mediation agreement or hearing decision. An experienced lawyer’s help can maximize your chances of success and get the best results.

  • Complaints should be filed with the California Department of Education, Special Education Division, 515 L Street, Room 270, Sacramento, CA 95814. Telephone: 800-926-0648. Fax: 916-327-3704.
  • The complaint should contain the name and address of the child, the name of the current school and school district and a detailed description of the problem.
    • For example: A complaint might indicate that the district is failing to implement the last agreed-upon IEP if the district agreed to provide speech and language services three times a week but the district is only providing services once a week.
  • The complaint should specify a proposed resolution.
    • For example: A proposed resolution might be for the district be ordered to provide speech and language services three times a week and any compensatory speech and language services to make up for missed sessions.

We Are Here For You

Contact our special education law firm by phone at 714-602-1498 or toll-free at 866-781-7723 or complete our simple intake form to request more information about our services.

Se habla Español.